Description


Delicious and healthy recipes, cooking tips, international cuisine, and anything related to food and the culinary arts...

Monday, December 10, 2012

Quail Egg Omelet with Corn Bread

I love corn bread but I can't always find it at my local supermarket. I was lucky enough to find it this time around. So now I can enjoy this goodness in many different ways. 

Last night I had corn bread with some fig in muscat wine preserves, Manchego cheese, and cold goat milk to go along with it. 

Today for breakfast, I decided to have some corn bread too. I had quail eggs and mortadella in the fridge and I had just bought hearts of palm. I decided to combine these together along with some avocado for a delicious and unique breakfast. 

First, I cracked three quail eggs into a bowl, beat them and made an omelet just with the eggs alone. Then I removed them onto a cutting board and cut into strips. After that I cut two big slices of mortadella and fried it in a skillet and then cut intro strips too.  Next, I took one heart of palm and cut into round slices. Taking a large plate I laid everything out so that I had a slice of heart of palm, mortadella, a slice of heart of palm, and a strip of quail omelet repeating in that order and sprinkled it all with dried basil. Finally, I placed two square slices of corn bread in the middle of the plate, and put a slice of avocado on top of the corn bread as a decoration. The dish turned out looking like this:

Quail egg omelet strips, fried mortadella strips, heart of palm sprinkled with dried basil and corn bread with avocado on top


The taste was amazing! I can honestly say that it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. I finished it off with a hot cup of coffee and a big slice of wild blueberry pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment