Description


Delicious and healthy recipes, cooking tips, international cuisine, and anything related to food and the culinary arts...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Many Uses and Recipes of Quail Eggs...

Ever since I tried quail eggs I have been hooked and now prefer them to chicken eggs. I enjoy eating quail eggs hard boiled, sunny side up, and as an omelet. There are so many recipes you can create with quail eggs. Below are photos of a few of them that I've been making.

Quail egg omelet with baby  bell peppers and white
onion. Slices of corn bread and mortadella and mixed
olives on side.


Slices of fried mortadella, hearts of palm, quail egg
omelet strips -all sprinkled with dried basil -
and corn bread garnished with avocado on top.

Quail egg omelet with boy choy in teriyaki sauce.


Quail egg omelet with scallion or chebolita onions and
oyster mushrooms on the side. Garnished with
hearts of palm.
Quail eggs sunny side up

I have yet to try quail eggs soft boiled. I am tempted to do so but not sure how I will manage eating them when they are so small. No spoon will fit inside it.

I know that you need to consume many quail eggs to equate to one chicken egg. I have been eating three quail eggs at a time. Perhaps that is not enough to equate to one chicken egg but that doesn't matter. I believe I still get enough nutrients from these eggs so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment